Monday, July 30, 2012

YES

I've been wanting to have a YES day for a while now.
Ava is not the best at playing independently and is always asking me to do something with her.
Always!
If she had her way, I would be playing games with her every moment of every day.
And I do play with her A LOT.
But for the health, safety, and sanity of all of us, there are other things that just must get done.

Well, last week I decided to dedicate the whole day to playing with the kids.
I didn't even shower till 4 pm and we were all still in our jamies when Dada got home from work.
We played find the tape on Rapunzel, did puzzles, played hide and seek, dressed barbie in human sized clothing.
I cuddled on the couch and watched Dora, did countless pages in Ava's activity book with her, and let her take pictures of her dolls with my camera.
The buddy loved playing on the floor all day with Mama and sissy too. 






It was fun.
Maybe I'll do it again next year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment