Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympics

How cool are the Olympics.
 I have always loved them
 but now that we have a child who was adopted internationally, it means just a little bit more somehow.
It makes this great big world seem small.

It makes us feel connected to Ava's birth country
Kazakhstan
A place that will always have part of our heart as a family.
 It is where we became parents.
It is where we lived for 8 months.
It was her home for 4 years.

And it makes me thankful for the opportunities that life in America has brought our girl.
We love our great country.

 And we love the world because Jesus does.

" For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

We will be enjoying these games over the next couple weeks as a family.
I hope it creates good memories for my children like the ones I have.

It was neat that the first event we had on this morning resulted in a Gold medal for Kazakhstan.
 Yahoooey!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment