I must tell my daughter this 20 times a day.
The baby (who is almost to big to be called the baby anymore) is also starting to hear these words.
It seems simple enough to me.
Listen to my words, and then do what I say.
If it was THAT simple, I wouldn't have to say it so often I guess.
My kids have no problem listening when it doesn't disrupt their plans, but if I'm asking them to get out of the pool before they are ready...WATCH OUT!
So, God's been showing me this week that I can be just like my children when it comes to listening and obeying him.
I can obey easily when it pleases me but when it doesn't, well I'm just gonna do what I'm gonna do.
So ALL of us are working on listening and obeying in our own way.
God is so gracious with me
So patient and kind.
I am so thankful for his forgiveness...for his goodness.
So grateful for his obedience which has made me righteous in Christ.
Obedience is hard.
And if I want my children to display it, I must model it myself.
I've got a pretty good example to follow.
"I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands."
do not let me stray from your commands."
~Psalm 119:10
"And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love."
~2 John 1:6
"For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous."
~Romans 5:19



No comments:
Post a Comment