Monday, July 2, 2012

Jesus + Nothing = Everything

This was said in the closing prayer at church on Sunday and it really touched my heart in a big way. 
See, the closing prayer was actually the only part of the sermon that I got to hear.
Our Ava girl has been having some separation anxiety and doesn't want to go to Sunday school without James or I.
James and I agree that right now we are not going to push her to go if she doesn't feel comfortable.  
So, I went with her.
Again.
Another Sunday that I don't get to sit with James or hear from our pastor.  
People may not understand why we go with her.  They might think she'll be fine when she gets there or think that we are babying her.
That's ok.  
This is what we believe is right for Ava considering all that she has been through and the trust and abandonment issues that she has.
 
I got to sneak in for the final prayer and those words, "Jesus + Nothing = Everything" were so profound in that moment.  
We are called to lean on, trust in, and live for Christ alone.  What a great reminder that we live not for man, or for things, but for the glory of God.

I am striving to raise my children the way the Christ is guiding me to.  But, so often the impression of others can influence me to make decisions that are against my convictions.  
I look at things that others have that we don't have.  I want those "things" 
I think that somehow those things will add to our life and make us more complete.  
Praise God that we are already have EVERYTHING if we are following him! 
I am rejoicing in that today.

So, God completely filled us all during church and then we ran off to the pool to enjoy some California sunshine...

Big sissy is a fish!  She hardly comes up for air!

 There she is

They both want Daddy of course

 I like this picture although the state of my toenails is not so fabulous.


Heading into another week with some good truth tucked in my back pocket...
Jesus + Nothing = Everything
That's my kind of math.


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and encouraging post! So thankful that God spoke to you even when you weren't able to hear the sermon - He will find ways to reach you!! I love that you and James are doing what is best for Ava and not doing what you feel others think you should be doing ... thanks for reminding me that I also have everything that I need in my life as well!

    ReplyDelete