We give lots of them in our house.
I think my children's faces have been kissed more times than any other faces in the history of the world.
Just today at lunch, I leaned over to give Ava some kisses and she politely told me to wait because she had food in her mouth.
What a little lady.
Judson now knows what the word kiss means.
When I ask him for kisses he does one of two things...
He leans in with a shy smile and offers me his check
OR
He clobbers me with a slobbery, open mouth smooch!
I prefer the second.
And Ava's kisses, well they just warm my heart for a number of reasons.
We've seen her grow in her affection for us at such a healthy and appropriate rate.
We could not ask for more.
She accepts kisses happily and gives them generously.
Kisses are also a great exercise for her.
It gets her lips together and out.
Yesterday she was watching me put on lip stick and asked for some.
An idea came to me.
I love when I can combine a fun activity with therapy!
So, we put on lip stick and kissed paper!
This lasted for about an hour.
Wahooo!
An hour of good stretching and lip closure.
Proud of herself as she should be!
I will smooch these babies as much as I can b/c someday soon I know they will be asking me not to embarrass them in front of their friends :-(
I know that Juddy will soon be giving puckered lip kisses and his slobbery smooches will be history.
And before I know it, Ava will be putting on my lipstick because she's going to a school dance.
And so I plan to steal lots of kisses until then...
MUUUUAAAAHHHHH!
It gets her lips together and out.
Yesterday she was watching me put on lip stick and asked for some.
An idea came to me.
I love when I can combine a fun activity with therapy!
So, we put on lip stick and kissed paper!
This lasted for about an hour.
Wahooo!
An hour of good stretching and lip closure.
Proud of herself as she should be!
I will smooch these babies as much as I can b/c someday soon I know they will be asking me not to embarrass them in front of their friends :-(
I know that Juddy will soon be giving puckered lip kisses and his slobbery smooches will be history.
And before I know it, Ava will be putting on my lipstick because she's going to a school dance.
And so I plan to steal lots of kisses until then...
MUUUUAAAAHHHHH!
Emmersyn does the open-mouthed, lots of drool smooch too. I love it the best! It makes me sad to think of a day when our babies won't want to smooch us...more reason to smooch as much as possible now!!
ReplyDelete