Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Slow Down

Ava loves reading books.
She loves pointing to each word and having me read it to her nice and s-l-o-w.
Great for learning to read.
Not a pace that I can often maintain without growing impatient.
Yesterday we were doing this activity and I guess I was moving along a little too fast for Ava's liking.
She put her hand on my shoulder, looked in my eyes, and took a deep breath in, then let it out.
Translation: Slow down Mama.  Relax.  Take it easy.  Be in this moment with me.
 
I think that's why I like to take so many pictures.
So that at the end of the day, when I feel like all I have done is change diapers, prepare meals, and pick up toys, I can slow down and see all the fun that was had in between.

Buddy boy does not yet know the meaning of slowing down...
 Bruise on the head is proof of that...

 Sissy taking her time to read each word...

And despite all the crazy running around it takes to get us ready for the beach, It's the best.
Very relaxing, refreshing, and FUN for sure


  And when I do slow down a bit, I can SO MUCH better recognize what the Lord is teaching me through Motherhood.  
Building character, increasing my faith, equipping me in areas where I cam weak.  
I guess that why he told us...
"Be still, and know that I am God."
 I just love when God uses my kids to draw me closer to him.
Thanks for the sweet reminder Ava girl.

1 comment:

  1. Kari, I love your stories and I love to hear how God is clearly speaking to you though your children! It's beautiful and always encouraging for me!

    ReplyDelete