Thursday, July 5, 2012

I saw fireworks from the freeway

I have many wonderful Fourth of July memories.  
It's one of my very favorite holidays.
I love all the festivities and especially watching fireworks.
Since I became a Mom, I have seen exactly 0 Fourth of July firework shows.
My world consists of children who are fast asleep by 8:00 and a Mommy and Daddy who aren't too far behind them.  
Fighting crowds with exhausted children does not seem quite worth it.  
I'm sure there will be plenty of years for this when they are older.
So, James and I were driving up the 5 freeway, on our way home from a fun few days with my family, at about 9:00
The kids were both sleeping in the back and we were reminising about our very first date 
(Which was on the Fourth of July 8 years ago...more on that later)
We saw, not one, not two, not three, but 7 different firework displays all along the coast.  
It was amazing!
I have also never seen the freeway so empty 
A win win for sure.

My Dad's birthday is on the 3rd of July (best day ever to have a birthday.)
So we had two fun filled days of celebrating.

On Papa's birthday we went to Sea World.
We had the best time ever!  
We had passes the year we got home with Ava and she could not have been less interested.
This time was quite different. 
She was interested in everything
Wanted to touch everything.  
It was pretty sweet and made for a really fun day for everyone.

Well, everyone but Juddy boy.  This face sums up what he thought about Sea World.
He was unsure about most of it.  
Maybe next time.

Ava feel in love with the Sea Starts.  

She walked around the pool and touched every single one of them at least once.   
My sister came with us on her only day off.  
We felt so special to have our own personal expert along.

Seriously LOVED the sea stars.  She picked out a souvenir sea star necklace at the end of day.  
 So sweet. 

I don't think that Judson got one normal nap the entire holiday.  
Hello sleepy eyes.

Let me tell you how stressful it is when your child is trying to touch a dolphin and she just keeps missing it!!!!
She finally got one at the very end.  
Phew!  
Major disappointment avoided.

Packing up children for amuzment parks is on the list of my least favorite things to do in life.
Once again, I guessed wrong about the weather and had to end up buying these turtle footie PJs.

I always make fun of James when he takes pictures of animals.  
Like, what are you really going to do with those??
But I have to admit that I feel in love with these Beluga whales.    

  We saw them at night (haven't been to Sea World at night time...ever)
The exhibit was so peaceful and they were so graceful. 
God, you are so cool. 

The next day we went to the beach even though it was freezing cold.  
The beach was still packed and the kids had lots of fun
At least until Judson got sand in his eyes.

 I promise that my kids were all decked out and adorable in their red white and blue to start the day.  
Not sure what happened or how I failed to get of picture of them.

Here are lots of pictures of Judson with my Dad.
I couldn't just pick one favorite...




And, as promised a picture of James and I when it all began. 
We look crazy young.
This is what we were remembering about our first date on July 4th 2004...
Neither of us were wearing shoes .
We went to a pizza place on the beach.
We were totally annoying and secluded ourselves from the group to watch fireworks.
I hope everyone had a great weekend filled with memories of summers past and making new ones with your loved ones. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad everyone had a fun "mini-vacation", except Juddy at Sea World :(. Love the pics of Jud and Papa enjoying each others company, what great memories!

    ReplyDelete