Friday, May 31, 2013

Our gift

I am a picture taker
A scrapbooker
I love to keep record of what my kids do and when they do it.
Not having pictures of Ava as an infant is one of the hardest things for ME.
I think back to our time in Kazakhstan. 
It was our 5th or 6th time in court and we saw a secretary who was handling Ava's file. 
There was a small picture attached. 
The picture taken when she entered the orphanage as a newborn.
She didn't let us take it but she gave us a great gift.
We were allowed to take a picture of the picture.
We had to be very quick and then she promptly put the file away.
Ava knows this picture well and beams every time we bring it out. 
It is a true gift. 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Amazing... We did exactly the same thing! (There, they never imagined that this first picture was a real treasure for us !) Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet! that makes me want to cry!

    ReplyDelete