Monday, June 11, 2012

Precious TIme

It was one of those weeks. 
 Everything seemed out of sync.  
When James would call me from work to check in, I could hardly hear him over the screaming baby that was attached to my hip from sun up to sun down.
I felt unorganized and scatter brained.  
I was craving some good, uninterupted time with James and quality time with the kids.  
It wasn't happening.  
So on Friday night when James suggested sidewalk chalk out side, it was just what we needed.  
Time together...
 
Started off as a pretty calm family activity.

Quickly turned messy.  Seriously how do little boys always find a way to get stuff ALL over them!

Ava got a big kick out of Daddy tracing her.

This slobbery baby melts my heart.  
It was so fun to watch him interact with the family activity like a such a big boy.

And this girl took charge like usual. 
 Directing just where everything should go and how it should look. 

 Someone was very unhappy when Mama would not let him eat the wood chip that he so desperately wanted to devour. And I think it goes without saying that this onesie is DONE.

.
 Time together is so precious...especially after a long, busy week.
Messy time, silly time, even screaming baby time/bossy 6 year old time.
I'll take it.   

1 comment:

  1. Kari, I love how you find joy in all aspects of life — the messy, the drooly,everything!

    ReplyDelete