Well, our family tried that this past month and it was such a blessing! I picked the word "Servant" because I thought it was important to teach Ava that others should come first. It was also great for James and I to remember that we are to serve each other, others around us, and the Lord, at all times. There were several nights at the dinner table when we shared examples of how Ava acted like a servant throughout her day and she was very proud that her actions had made Jesus happy!
When I decided that our first focus word would be Servant, I didn't realize that it would overlap with the Easter holiday. How perfect! Jesus, the ultimate servant, was God. He was the King of all Kings and yet he came to this earth to serve others and pay the ultimate price so that we could have life eternally. Mark 10:45 says, "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” How beautiful to think on that verse at this time of the year.
Our family activity to celebrate the ultimate Servant!
At the beginning of the month Ava and I made this sign. Tonight we hung it up for our special night.
Swimming lessons, dinner, and then out to pick flowers to decorate our crosses that we made earlier in the day.
Waiting to get started
Ta-Da! One of our very beautiful crosses
We are so thankful for the perfect example of servanthood that Christ gave us. Don't forget that while, yes Christ died on the corss for our sins, he rose again three days later and conquered death! That is what the Letterneau family will be celebrating big time on Sunday!




No comments:
Post a Comment