Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dress ups by Mama

Ava is totally in a dress up phase.  She loves when I put on a movie with dancing so she can change into her fancy clothes and copy their moves.  It's very darling. So, last weekend we went to a Princesses Ariel party and I was desperartely searching for a dress up outfit for her to wear.  I wasn't going to pay the Disney price and I couldn't find one anywhere else that wasn't a complete piece of junk so I decided I'd try to make one.  Didn't turn out too bad.  I couldn't find a clean white shirt to try it on with but I think it would look better with that underneath.  I am with Ava today and no preschool this week so I tried to do it quickly as to not take too much time away from her.  Not too bad.  She loves it!
 I plan to add some embelishments to the top and to the crown when I have more time.

Equally exciting is how she has that right hand raised.  Go girl go! 

3 comments:

  1. You're so creative Kari! I wish I could sew or come up with something like this. I think Ava looks so sweet in her new princess outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH! She is a princess in anything she wears but looks adorable in this outfit! I agree...a white shirt would look better but either way...good job Mama! I love the last picture. What a perfect little model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed! Now that I have my little girl I am going to have to start learning to use my sewing machine! That last picture of Ava is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete