April 15th 2010 we landed on American soil and our adoption journey was COMPLETE! Some days I never thought it would be. Some days I never thought we'd make it home with her. We have grown and learned a lot in this first year home with Ava. She has blossomed into a very independent, smart, funny, confident, beautiful little girl right before our eyes. We decided to celebrate with a princess makeover at Disneyland b/c Ava loves to get all prettied up and she also loves Disneyland...great combination! Here are some photos from our magical day...
We almost skipped out on the photo shoot option but are so glad we decided to do it! I think they turned out so cute and Ava has them proudly displayed in her room now.
We found out on the 8th that we will be adding a little boy to our family. We are all so excited. Here are some pictures from our 20 week ultrasound...

Smiley skeleton. Kinda creepy and cute at the same time.
So next year for Gotcha Home Day we will have a little prince along with us. It's bound to be another year of change and wonderful new beginnings.
I know I already said this on FB, but Ava is so beautiful. Did they ask you if they could sign her on as a model? :-)
ReplyDeleteI just love seeing her smile! What a year!!!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting. And boy are boys different...lol! They are fun, too.
ReplyDelete