Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Every good and perfect gift

Well,today was a gift from God, no doubt.  There was no miraculous progress with Ava, I wasn't feeling super duper fantastic, we didn't win the lottery, or book a great vacation.  I went on a walk with my daughter.  Yep, that's it.  That's what made my day so spectacular.  After lunch Ava asked to go to the park and so we did.  But once we got there, she didn't want to play she just wanted to walk around the neighborhood with her Mama.  We held hands, looked at leaves, attempted to fly (but came to the conculstion that only real fairies can fly), rested in the grass, did a little ballet, and literally smelled the roses.  Yea, it's cheesey, but it was just a perfect, peaceful stroll with my girl and I loved every second of it.  Peaceful times have been hard to come by with the craziness of the move, my horrible morning sickness, and the difficult time that Ava has had adjusting to her new environment.  So, today was such a blessing.  Thanks Lord.



6 comments:

  1. Love the fairy wings! Thanks for the reminder that the simple things matter the most with your kids...things around here have been crazy with the baby, but maybe tomorrow my little man and I will go on a walk together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day you two had! I agree with your friend. Thank you for the reminder that simple things and sharing moments like this make sweet memories. Audrey & I need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made a great special memory, that was a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Kari! I totally understand with the morning sickness. I have it for a long time as well, but it's worth it. I love the pics of Ava. She is too sweet. Let's get together soon for a playdate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day!!! Love you guys SO much! Ava is the most adorable thing ever and I cannot wait to scoop her up in my arms and just not let go. I mean you will be holding the new babe so that's ok right?

    ReplyDelete