My favorite for sure.
There is nothing like curling up with my children and reading a good book.
This remains the easiest subject to manage while also managing little ones because they can participate.
Our read-alouds happen at the breakfast table, before bed, as well as at the table or on the couch.
This is a really fun subject and one of my favorite things about homeschooling.
This year we read these novels for "school"
The Courage of Sarah Noble
Charlotte's Web
Because of Winn-Dixie (Our favorite this year)
Mr. Popper's Penguins (not completed yet)
We listened to the following Auto-books
The Long Winter
Anne of Green Gables
Frankly Frannie (obviously not a classic, just a sweet chapter book we found on CD at the library)
We read this list of books for "fun"
Ramona the Pest
Never Girls
I totally love Children's literature and I always have!
I will never forget reading these precious stories with my precious ones.
Already compiling a list for next year!
"No book is really worth reading at the age of 10 which is not equally worth reading at the age of 50."
- Gladys M. Hunt




No comments:
Post a Comment