Friday, May 13, 2016

Our homeschool year...ASTRONOMY

Without a doubt, Science was my least favorite subject in school.
I actually still have a reoccurring nightmare in which I find out I cannot graduate college because I never took Biology.
I did wait till the last possible semester to take it.
So, needless to say, I was not excited about teaching it to my own children.

This year we studied Astronomy using Apologia curriculum.  
Umm...hello, Apologia...we absolutely loved this science program!
  
Something beautiful that God did this school year was show me something that my child is passionate about.  
She is passionate about Astronomy.  
Honestly, jumps up and down when she learns something interesting about the Solar System.  
And we really did learn so much.
(Exploring the Solar System in her very own rocket ship) 

And bringing along her little brothers who are equally excited to learn about outer space.
(They want to be astronauts...at least on science days.  Most times they want to be firefighters...I think this is because the word "fighter" is in the title... or construction workers so they can build cool stuff) 

We are thankful for this vast and fascinating universe God has made for us to study.
We are thankful for engaging curriculum and for beautiful little minds that love to soak it all up.

Botany next year...EXCITED already!

No comments:

Post a Comment