Friday, April 5, 2013

Making it Work

I love our home.
We are really blessed to live here.
But when our lease came up again this year we looked at houses slightly out of our area in cheaper parts of Southern California.
 The problem (or not the problem) is that we have 2 very important things here that aren't easy to find.
A church and a school for Ava.
Neither of these are easy to replace.  
In fact, they are irreplaceable!
James and I looked for the first 6 years of our marriage for a good church and didn't find one until last year. 
We are not leaving...ever:-)
And our Ava's needs are so unique that we thought having her in private school was never going to be an option.  
We thought that for many reasons.
But God provided a place!
We are not leaving...ever...ha.  
What I mean to say is that the Lord has put things in our life right now that are good.
They are good blessings from him and they are dependent on us living here...in this very expensive part of the country.
 
So if this is where we want to be...if this is where He wants us to be, then let's be here!  
Let's make it work! 

The main thing that I desire in our home is a backyard or some outside space, for Judson especially.
I know it can be done with some creative thinking.  
Pintrest has been my friend.
I wish our bank account would agree with all the redecorating plans I have.
 
We do have a patio that we have made an extended play place.
Who knew how much a little picnic table would add to our patio?  
I wish we had done it earlier b/c he is out there all the time...just because he can be.
We have trucks and chalk and brooms out there...endless fun for a one year old.
Making it work...
 

And then the other day Ava asked to ride her bike and I thought, I am going to put my beach chair out in front of the garage.  I am going to put out our "children at play" sign, I am going to bring out Judson's toys and we are going to play like it's our own back yard. 
And so we did.
And we had fun!  
Lots of it.
Making it work...

 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this, Kari! And, I love you! We definitely get it...great job making it work! :)

    ReplyDelete