Tuesday, February 12, 2013

God Knows

I have a friend who always says this in response to uncertainties in her life or tough circumstances.
God knows.
I love it because it's true of course.
God goes before us, he knows all things that we are facing now and ever will.
He prepares things in advance for us and directs our steps because he cares for us.
He loves us.
I was reminded of God's great love for my daughter yesterday at her school field trip.
I went along with Ava's class of 9 to the Kellogg house in Santa Ana.
The field trip takes the children through an old Victorian style house and the children interact with things that were used 100 years ago. 
It's a very neat field trip. 
The tour began outside.
Our guide asked the children a question about orange groves since beautiful orange trees surround the property.
Ava quickly raised her hand. 
Oh no, I thought.  I forgot to tell our guide about Ava.  I forgot to tell him that she doesn't speak but that she likes to participate. 
My heart began to race and I feared for my daughter.  I didn't want him to embarrass her.
I didn't want him to say something that would break her spirits. 
The man called on her and she responded verbally.
He didn't even flinch. 
Treated her just like any other child. 
He began conversing with Ava through yes or no questions.  He called on her just as often as other children even though he learned quickly that she wasn't able to understand her verbal answer.
I was amazed. 
What a gift.
Thank you Lord that you knew Ava would be on this trip and that you matched us with a guide who would handle her in such a compassionate and accommodating way. 
HE KNEW just what she needed. 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment