Dear Ava and Judson,
I had a great day with you today.
I know that in no time at all, I will forget the details that are so precious to me today so I wanted to document just a few.
Today we met some friends down at Zoomar's Petting Zoo and then, just the three of us went to play at the park near by.
Ava, today I want to remember the way you laughed and laughed at me when I was trying to feed the goats. One of them bit me on the bottom and I screamed and ran for the gate. You thought it was so funny and you wanted me to tell everyone the story. I will remember the way you gently pet the animals. Just a year ago, you would have had no interest. It shows me how God has grown a spirit of compassion and gentleness in you. He has done so much healing of what was broken and hardened. I want to remember how you pulled your brother away from the fence when an animal started kicking. It was your instinct to protect him. I noticed today just how long your pigtails are getting. You are growing like a weed and I wish I could just STOP time.
Judson, today I want to remember the way you laughed and clapped on the train ride. You went all by yourself! I thought you might cry or try to stand up in your seat, but you didn't. How is my baby big enough to ride on the choo-choo train all alone? You are growing up so fast. I want to remember how you screamed with delight at every animal you saw. I think you will be the kind of kid who laughs and smiles his way through life. I want to remember the way you kept trying to sneak back into the "corn pit" to play. You could have stayed in there for hours. Today I noticed how much you are trying to communicate. You point, and mimic and show off.
Dear sweet babies, I love you to the moon and back.
Thank you for a special day and for being yourselves.
You give me such joy.
Love,
Mommy








I love your thoughts and I treasure the pictures. Thanks for sharing both! Love, Mom
ReplyDelete