Saturday, August 25, 2012

Loud and Clear

We haven't even been home from vacation for a week but I feel like so much has happened. 
There's been some real highs and real lows over the past few days.
But one MAJOR high has been the amazing growth we've seen in Ava's communication.

Just this week Ava and I were studying Penguins.
We learned that adult penguins know their children by the sound of their voice.
Mother's understand their children.  
They just do.
I have always felt this way about my babies as well.  
I pick up easily on Ava's non-verbal ques, I understand every variation of her signing.

BUT, there are limits to what she can communicate to us.  
She is growing up.  
She wants to communicate more than just her needs and wants.
She wants to share ideas, memories, feelings.
So we are so thankful that FINALLY she is figuring out her talker and using it like crazy.

The talker was something that I didn't want to push on her. 
I never knew if I was doing the right thing of not.
I am confident now that we did the right thing in giving her time.

God is so amazing in his timing as well.
The new school year is about to begin and my anxiety levels rise whenever it's time to send Ava into a new environment.
But this year she will go into school with a new voice.
Her voice.
  
We have always heard you sweet Ava girl.  
We are so grateful that we can now hear MORE of your beautiful heart. 

 "He has made everything beautiful in its time."
~Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment