I just HAVE to put it out there...my family is so wonderful. I am so blessed and so happy to be doing life with the sweetest little girl and most supportive husband that ever were! And here's why...
Ava the Little Mama:
First off, I have to say that I am a total baby when I am sick. I cry, get all bundled up, and feel very very sorry for myself. I like to be taken care of and Ava has stepped into the roll of being my "Little Mama" quite well. The first time I got sick when it was the just the two of us home together she followed me into the bathroom, rubbed my back, wiped the mascara from under my eyes, lead me to the sink, and instructed me to wash my hands :-) She tucked me in on the couch with a blanket and rested her head sweetly on my lap. I just melted! What a sweet, compassionate little girl I have. 10 minutes later however, she was over it and was begging me to come play with her in her room but it was sweet while it lasted and I felt very taken care of. She also knows that the reason Mama is sick is b/c my tummy hurts. Throughout the day she gives me spontaneous kisses on my belly to make it "all better" It does work by the way...if only for the moment.
My Super Star Husband:
For the past several weeks, a typical day for this husband of mine is, going to work for 10 plus hours a day, coming home, making us dinner, cleaning up dinner, getting Ava in the bath, brushing her teeth, peeling me off the couch for books and prayer, and then putting her to bed. Oh, and then putting me to bed :-) He is so great and I really couldn't imagine doing this without his help.
My Parents and Friends:
I also have to give a shout out to my awesome parents who call me every day to see how I am feeling. My bestest friends also get several emails a week full of complaints and rants and always respond with such love and encouragement.
So aside from these wonderful blessings, my 13th week of pregnancy has been so not fun! I have been more sick than I'd been in weeks. I was really hoping I was past it but now it seems like I am getting a little worse every day. Sigh. The good news is that I wont be pregnant forever and I am hoping that this baby will soon allow Mama some time to play with my girl and give my husband a break.
Oh Kari...I hope you feel better soon. I feel for you and will send good thoughts your way. I LOVE how through all this and knowing how terrible you feel, you still say thank you to the people helping you everyday! You're amazing! I know you are so lucky to have your family, but they are so lucky to have you too!
ReplyDelete--Cortney
Hope you feel better soon...I know all too well about being sick past the 13 week mark!
ReplyDelete