- I took a pregnancy test without even telling James b/c I was so certain that it would be negative. I saw it was positive, didn’t believe it, took a shower, looked again, still positive. Guess it’s time to tell James. I called him in the room, held up the test and he responded with a giggle and said “Are you serious?” Very serious honey!
- Week 5 – At the point I found out, I was 5 weeks pregnant. I was so excited/so overwhelmed. I was instantly ready for the baby to be here…”Ok, I know we are going to have another little one, let’s get on with this and get this baby here!” I have never been a girl who looked forward to the pregnancy thing. Being sick, gaining weight, never sounded like fun to me. But so far so good and I was looking forward to the long 8 months ahead
- Week 6 – We went to the Dr. and got all our info about how this whole thing works. We are happy with our Dr. He is very available and calm and informative! I am starting to get annoyed that I can’t seem to fit into my normal jeans…ALREADY!!! What the heck? I thought this was supposed to happen much much later. My mom looked at my tummy and suggested maybe I was having twins. Yikes. We are getting used to the idea of having a baby and going through a pregnancy. It doesn’t seem to consume my thoughts and I am feeling more relaxed about the process.
- Week 7 – SICKNESS hits! This was the hardest week by far and I hope it’s not this hard for the remainder of the first trimester. I am up all night throwing up and tossing and turning. I am nauseous constantly, no energy for my sweet Ava and Husband. Boo! I am really bored sitting in bed all day, frustrated that I don’t feel well enough to take my little girl to the park. So not happy. Plus, I can’t even complain on Facebook b/c we haven’t told many people yet. So unfair :-)
-Week 8 – This week we had our first ultra sound and got to hear the babies heart beat. It’s beating strong! My due date is September 9th.
-Week 9 – I'm still so very sick and now kind of depressed. I miss Ava and having the energy to play with her. I even miss things like making dinner or cleaning up dinner for my family. The smell of food at night is just not pleasant.
-Week 10 - Starting to feel a little better. I’m starving all the time which is hard b/c I feel like all I do all day long is look for food, eat food, clean up food
- Week 11- Or so I thought. Today we went to the doctors for another ultrasound and, after measuring the baby, he decided that I am actually 12 1/2 weeks along. Wow, that's kind of cool...I skipped a whole week and a half. Now my due date is August 27th.
Ava has to pose since Mama is,
So, now we are out of the first trimester and I’m excited to share with everyone that this baby is in fact coming and that our family will be growing. I have to share that I’m already a bit sad to have gotten some comments like, “Oh wow, so glad that finally happened for you” or “See, whenever people adopt, they always end up getting pregnant. We did CHOOSE adoption for our first child and this new baby is no more or less loved or wanted then our Ava. We are so blessed to have experienced both the miracle of adoption and of carrying a child biologically. Both so different and so amazingly wonderful! Wouldn't change a thing about how our little family is put together.
Ava is doing well with it. We didn't make a big announcement out of it but just told her that she would be a big sister. I often catch her looking under her shirt at her belly. I don't think she really gets that not everyone has a baby in their belly. Ha...so cute.








OH.MY.GOSH!!! So excited for the whole Letterneau family!! Just giddy for you! So so happy!
ReplyDeleteLove the post and love the pics of you - you look adorable!
Congrats,
The Stone's
I was so excited to see this post!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI cant wait to know the gender and the name choices!
Or to see what a cute little mommy Ava will make!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot even believe it! I am so excited for you Kari. You look amazing. I also cannot believe you are already showing! Hopefully your sickness will go away soon. Mine ended around 14 weeks. LOVE YOU GUYS! CONGRATS!
ReplyDeleteThe the weekly blow by blow... wish I had done this with my pregnancies.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you have lots of advice. I was sick for every minute of all 4 of pregnancies the ONE/ONLY thing that gave any relief was ginger (I refused any sort of drugs). My doc actual prescribed the supplement. If you are still feeling yucky you might want to ask your doc about it.
So excited for you! What wonderful exciting news! Ava is going to be the best big sister ever!
ReplyDeleteYEA!!!! Congrats. I can't believe how much you are already showing. You look so cute. Enjoy this time just like you did the engagement time. You are so excited to hurry up and get married, but you never get to be engaged again. Same thing with pregnancy. You want the baby so bad, but having a baby inside of you is something so cool that not everyone gets. I hope things get better for you. The end was the worse for me because of heartburn and reflux. I had a bottle of Tums in every room.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Congrats! I am sure Ava will make a wonderful big sister!
ReplyDelete