We are in big girl panties! (Ava that is) It's been a long time coming and something I've been putting off. Some of you Kaz Mom's who adopted an older child might be able to relate to this issue. See, kids stop wearing diapers at a young age in the baby home. The kids are put on the potty every so often for like 20 minutes. So, it's not really potty training but the children are not used to being in diapers either.
So, Ava did great during our time with her in Kaz but the first week we got home she got a terrible fever and was on the couch for days. We put her in pull ups so she didn't have to get up and, poof...Ava's life was changed :-) She realized that she could go in her pull up with no consequence.
Anyone who knows Ava knows that she goes a million miles an hour all day, every day. Stopping to go sit on the toilet doesn't always fit into her busy plans. So, we have been doing the pull up thing for almost a year.
For the past month or so she has been soooo ready but I've been dragging my feet b/c I'm pregnant and sick and didn't want to deal with it in case it was harder than I thought. Her pull ups were always dry, she never went at night or during preschool so I decided it was time to get rid of the pull ups and move on to big girl panties. She's done perfect thus far. Not a single accident.
Check out the picture of her at the beach with her little princess panties peeking over her skirt. hehe.
Yay Ava!!!! I do not look forward to potty training at all! Give Ava a high five for us!
ReplyDeleteGreat Job Ava! Potty training can be so frustrating and tiring...good call on doing it now, before a baby comes into the picture! I potty trained Ryan while pregnant too (so I totally understand how you feel), but am so grateful now because I will only have 1 in diapers, not 2!
ReplyDeleteGo Ava!!!
ReplyDelete