Sunday, September 19, 2010

5 year old in the HOUSE!

We had a great birthday week for little Ava!  I personally had a blast planning for her birthday morning with us, her birthday celebration at school, and then her big birthday bash with all our friends and family!  How special it was to spoil her on her birthday after years of that day going unrecognized.  She certainly deserved to be celebrated and boy did we celebrate!

Ava's Birthday Morning...
Ava woke up on her birthday and the living room had a princess chair filled with presents.  She wasn't sure how to react but as the birthday celebrating went on, she got the hang of it :-)

A new, big drawing board was the favorite gift of the morning!

Ava's Birthday Party...

We have the cutest little friends on earth.  This is one of Ava's very best friends, Sawyer posing with his bat at the "Birthday Ball"

There were hula hoops, bubbles, and balls for the friends to enjoy.

At the craft table the kids decorated pencil toppers!  This was a popular station.

Of coarse food is an important part of every party!
Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday dear Ava...Happy Birthday to you!

I love my friends!

Love these friends too :-)

Now time for presents!  These two cousins are sporting their Disney skirts made by moi!

Ava was so blessed by all the thoughtful gifts.  What a lucky little girl!

Sweet Kaz princesses!

It's a successful party when you can say that we had no tears, no fights, no accidents!  All the kids were so cute and played so sweet with one another.  They even sat patiently and watched as Ava opened her gifts.  What a great bunch!  Our little sweet girl also gave each individual guest a thank you hug after opening her presents.  So proud of her...she must be growing up!
It's Sunday night and I am definitely feeling the exhaustion of this jam-packed weekend.  Until next year this is Ava's party planner signing off! 

4 comments:

  1. Man she is cute! How fun for her! It is soooo sad that it has been sooo many years with no parties! But it sure looks like she made up for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari...you remind me so much of myself...maybe that is why we get along so well. :) I hope you can come to Kazapooza next year (it's NEAR ME this time!). I love how you spent so much time and effort making sure Ava felt special and loved and cherished. That's what it's all about and it's CLEAR you succeeded. I wish we were not on opposite coasts. :) Happy Birthday Ava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been there. What a fun time in her life. It still gives me tears to know I missed it but I will have the rest of my life with her too so that is reassuring. You guys are so amazing! I don't think I can say that enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari-
    You are such a great mom. I am so excited for you and James in this amazing journey. Let's get together soon. Maybe take the girls to a pumpkin patch?

    ReplyDelete