"Educating a child is a natural process. Homeschooling is nothing more than an extension of parenting." -Sue Maakestad
YES! Lots of Yes!
Good to remember when I start feeling burnt out this time of year.
We learn more and more what a blessing it is to learn together as we do life together.
"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." - Emilie Buchwald
I LOVE reading aloud to my children.
It builds vocabulary, encourages imagination, and most importantly, it's bonding!
We just finished a sweet read aloud, Poppy.
It's probably a 6 grade reading level and my little ones enjoyed sitting on Mommy's lap while I read every afternoon.
They listened to every word.
Totally comprehend it.
He loves to paint and make puppets. All the while, listening in and learning with the big kids.
It's natural.
The card game, War, has been a great way for my pre-schoolers to learn numbers and how to compare numbers.
It works since sister loves to play too!
As long as Banjo doesn't eat the cards, all is well!
"Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work."
-John Trainer
And as long as we remember that, we're golden!
And another quick homeschooling tidbit I wanted to share...
TEACHING TEXTBOOKS!!!
For anyone who has a child that hates math or struggles with math,
I can not say enough how much peace this program has restored to our school days.
"Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old, he will not depart from it." - Proverbs 22:6
My favorite homeschool inspiration <3




No comments:
Post a Comment