Tuesday was haircut day!
I wish I could cut my boys own hair, but I can't
I've tried :/
So off we went to our favorite kids cut shop.
We walked in and there was only one other child there.
He was not happy for haircut day.
In fact, he was screaming and flailing.
Mom was holding him down and Grandma was finding every noisy toy she could to distract him.
It wasn't working.
The screaming went on an on and got louder and louder.
I became annoyed and agitated as I was trying to navigate my own children as they waited their turn.
And as my children were staring and asking questions about this little boy, I found myself preaching to them about love.
"It's ok, guys. He's having a hard time.
Let's be compassionate and patient ok?"
But, my own heart?
And then it began to soften and I became compassionate rather than aggravated.
After all, this is what we talk about all week long in our home.
Loving others
Sharing Christ with people around us
This is a reason we saturate ourselves in God's word
So we can be ready for moments like this.
Grandma sat by me and we talked.
I listened and encouraged and shared as I learned that she had lost her husband and best friend only 3 weeks ago.
I love when God opens our eyes and hearts to the needs of those around us.
It was by his Grace that he changed my heart in that moment and allowed his light to shine in a dark time for her.
Those three simple words..
LOVE ONE ANOTHER
They can change the way we do everything.
"A new command I give you; love one another." - John 13:34-35
(Fresh cuts :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment