It was in July that I was inspired to grow a cut garden.
I was a bit late for many of the plants (which need seeds to be planted in fall or early spring.)
But there were a couple that I read/heard would be fine to plant mid-summer.
I decided to try growing Zinnias and Sunflowers.
Here is an update on my Zinnias
Began seeing growth within a week of planting the seeds
Growing steadily but learned that next time I should be pinching the stem to prompt more growth.
My first flower begins to bloom about 2 months after planting the seeds
Just about fully opened and it's just gorgeous.
A few lessons learned...
Fish Emulsion is the worst smelling thing ever in history but my plants loved it!
Mulch really does make a huge difference in keeping the soil moist and temperatures down.
Pinching the stems prompts longer stems and more blooms!
ALSO...
We have tomatoes which was less exciting for me but more exciting for the children!
Father God, you are amazingly creative.
Your creation is beautiful and complex beyond comprehension.
Thank you for allowing us to enjoy it.
It turns our hearts to praise you.






No comments:
Post a Comment