Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Vacation

We were so grateful for the opportunity to get a way for a few days over break.

Lake Arrowhead is just a short drive from us and it's a place that holds many memories for me.  I underestimated just how special it would be to take my kids to this same place that I SO enjoyed as a child.   

What I will remember about Ava from this vacation is how she raced from room to room when we arrived at the cabin.  She giggled and jumped and danced with delight at our cozy house in the woods, 

 I will remember how i could hear her laughing on the inner tube while standing at the bottom of the mountain.

I will remember playing games and watching movies and how sweet she was to ride on the cho-cho train because her little brother was scared to go alone.

What I will remember about Judson from this vacation is watching him and Mimi feed the birds morning, noon, and night, on our balcony.

I will remember him talking about his Papa the whole way up the mountain.

I will remember feeding the ducks with the silliest, sweetest, cutest little two year old who ever was.
 
 What I will remember about Thatcher from this vacation is his littleness.
Our sweet baby boy who did so awesome! We were so proud (and thankful) for how well he did on the drive.  

 I will remember Daddy being so worried about him being cold.  

I will remember snuggles and Ergos, and being up at night rocking, nursing, bouncing.   


Such a sweet time together!
And something that I really love doing after a great vacation is....
Coming home :-) 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you could make so many wonderful family memories!

    ReplyDelete