Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Our Story

Most of you who know us, know the story of Ava's adoption.
I've told it many times and each time I do, I feel something different.
Sometimes I feel happy...giddy at how it all turned out.
Sometimes I feel sad...tramatized by all we went through.
Last night we had dinner at our pastor's home with his family (BTW they are amazing and we are so blessed to be a part of this church body)
And, after telling them our adoption story, I felt thankful...completely overwhelmed with gratitude.
As we shared with them about what our expectations were when we began our adoption, and how those changed DRASTICALLY, I felt extremely thankful that God didn't listen to us.
That he took the box we put him in and busted it wide open!  
That he gave us a child we never would have signed up for on paper but who is so much more
than we could ever have dared to ask or imagine!
It is wonderful to see God's grace in our unanswered prayers.

We are so thankful that he intervened, pushed us aside and allowed us the opportunity to parent this child.

And this child too

We are so thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment