So this month our family focused on the word "Prayer". This was a great thing for ALL of us to focus on and led to a lot of great conversations and times of prayer for our family. I found myself being more intentional about praying with Ava in the car, and in between events during the day. I asked Ava to pray for me when I wasn't feeling well and it melted my heart to feel her little hand on me while her sweet voice prayed to Jesus. Together we memorized the verse from Psalms that says, "The LORD is near to those who call on him."
For our celebration this weekend we painted a bird house and hung it in the tree outside. The connection between a bird house and prayer??? All month long I had been thinking about the Lord being near to us when we call to him. I thought about how he provides for us and cares for us and hears us. This kept reminding me that the Bible tells us that we are not to worry about our lives because God cares even for the birds and we are surely more precious to God than birds. So, be encouraged that God hears you and loves you and will take care of you. I will be reminded of that whenever I see the bird house outside our window.


No comments:
Post a Comment