Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Homeschool Homestretch

It's cliche to say that time flies, but another school year is almost over and I can hardly believe how fast it's gone.  
Just a month and a half left!

What an amazing year of growth
for my children and for me.
Academically and spiritually we have very much enjoyed coming into our own as a homeschooling family.   

(Starting to READ and doing some super big kid math.  Confession... I video tape every book he reads aloud from his reader.  His voice...I die.)

(And little brother does so well with his letters and sounds because he wants to read too!)  

We have continued to see that opportunities to learn are all around us!

(Could that smile be bigger?!?)

One of my favorite additions to our school year has been our brown journal (no fancy name for them)
Each child has their own and we add to it regardless of subject.
This wasn't a place for worksheets or reports but for things that came from their own hands and head and heart.  
Special diagrams or illustrations
Scripture copywork or outside experiments
Pictures of an instrument we studied or a narration of a sweet story we read together.  
I treasure these brown journals. 

(Some of Judson's journal pages)  

(Ava's journal)  

Already getting reflective over here as I feel summer break coming on.  
So thankful for the gift of educating my babies at home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment