Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Gotcha Home Day #6

I sat quiet one morning with my Bible.
I prayed for the child that we would be meeting soon.
God very clearly spoke the date to me...
April 15th
I wrote it down and told my husband.
I was thankful for how God comforted me in that moment.
I felt that this date was connected to our daughter, although I didn't know how.
I felt at peace knowing that He knew every detail.
He had been there for her during every day that I had missed.
This date reminded me that He was in control.
He knew all her days.


We left for Kazakhstan in early March 2009.
We stayed till mid-July.
And when we left on that warm July day, we left without our child.
Four months and six court hearings later, our adoption was denied and we were told to leave our child behind.


So we left with broken hearts, trusting that God would make a way for us to return for her.
And He did!  
Praise Him!



We returned in January, completed our adoption by the grace of God, and were ready to fly home WITH Ava in early April.
After a doctor check-up and passport pictures, we had one last stop.
The US Embassy.
We would visit on the 15th of April and fly home on the 16th.  
But we got an email from them requesting that we come early.
They would open for us, on a day that they were typically closed.
We still do not know why.



And so we changed our flight.  We could be leaving Kazakhstan and arriving in America on April 15th.
The very day that God had given me years prior.

He knew that the journey would be long. 
He knew that the journey would be hard.
But He was with us every step.
Faithful


When we landed at LAX, we heard the news that a massive volcano had erupted in Iceland.  We were the last plane to leave Europe.  No flights were allowed to depart for two weeks. 

April 15th
He knew it from the start.
It would be the day that we became a family.
And the timing was perfect.

Happy 6th Gotcha Home Day, Ava Darina!  
We love you!







No comments:

Post a Comment