Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Prayers for Russia

If you only knew how many times I have stopped and started this post...
Many many times I have sat down to write.
Many times I have changed what I've written.

The truth is that I don't have any wise insight into the sadness that is occurring because of Russia's ban on adoptions to the US.
It's sad.
It's tragic.
There are no words to say how devastating it is when human lives are messed with.
When children are used and families are kept from being together.

We were there once.
We were in that desperate place.
That unknown place.
The pain and helplessness cannot be explained.

I cannot forget the smells and sounds and sights of the baby home.
I can't imagine Ava there without hyperventilating.
And yet, I know that it's the reality of many.
So I am broken and I turn to prayer.
Prayer for justice for the orphans of Russia.

Ava at 3 1/2  years old learning to walk


Ava Darina...loving being loved.




No comments:

Post a Comment