Thursday, January 27, 2011

"Ba"

Well, we are still fighting our insurance company over getting Ava into private speech.  The speech the school is offering is just not cutting it!  But, while they drag their feet, Ava is not getting help she needs so I've been trying to do everything I can at home.  I've talked to friends who are speech therapists and gotten advice from her OT as well.  We are doing daily stretches, playing games that involve moving the mouth, putting peanut butter on her lips so she has to close them, and having her repeat words after throughout the day.  Anyways, today Ava has said her first closed mouth sound EVER!!! "Ba".  We are doing lots of praising her...high fives, big hugs, and happy dances.  It's crazy for me to see her closing her lips while making a sound.  We've only ever heard open mouth sounds from her.  After she masters it in a few weeks I'll have to post a video of that too!  Here is one of our lessons at home... 


3 comments:

  1. She said "Ariel" so well! She will get there! It's just going to take time. I will yarp about the insurance. I am sorry that is so poopy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is amazing! Keep up all the great work super Kaz Mama!!! XOXO Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING! Ava sounds terrific, keep up the wonderful hard work!

    ReplyDelete