CRAZY! Ava on the left was 3 1/2 years old!! Can you believe that?? She couldn't take a step on her own. Now, she not only doesn't needs a hand to hold onto but she, most of the time refuses ANY help at all :-) Wow God, wow.
Don't think this one needs any explanation :-)
It's so fun seeing experience REAL life. Playing outside, interacting with the world around her.
We really have so much to thank God for! Here are some other things I am so grateful for in my life and wanted to share with you:
1) Jesus who gave his life so we might have life eternally. Really, is there anything you can think of to be more thankful for?
2) My husband who is simply the greatest. Supportive husband and loving father to our girl.
3) My Ava. Light of my life. A joy and inspiration to me and so many others.
4) My family. My Mom, Dad, and Sister are my strength and are always there to love me.
5) My in-laws who are the best I could ever ask for. So sweet and understanding
6) My bestest friends who have stood the test of time, have seen me at my worst, and just keep giving, loving, and encouraging.
7) My new friends through therapy and through FB. I love the amazing Kaz adoptive family community that I have found. They encourage and inspire constantly. My friends from therapy are a great resource and support as well.
8) My health and the good health of my family.
9) My home. We live in a beautiful part of the world with so many opportunities for Ava.
10) Ava's therapists and teachers who I couldn't say enough about. They are up when she is up and down when she is down. It really is more than a job for them and we are blessed by their dedication everyday.
Happy Thanksgiving!




ok, big tears rolling down my face.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful transformation in your daughter...like you said, she was always gorgeous but now she is glowing!!love the love you have for her.
praise the Lord. Wow, shes is doing so well Kari. you all are doing such a good job. What a blessing she is in your lives.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this post!! I am so thankful for your whole family, and it is such a joy to see how far Ava has come, and how far God has brought all of you as a family. I love you!
ReplyDeleteJust a beautiful post - it choked me up. I am so happy for you. You, James & Ava are just genuinely good people and I am so glad we got the pleasure to meet you and look forward to the day when we can see you again.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the trip down memory lane with you Kari ~ God certainly has been with your (our) family through a lot, painful and bursting with joy. I know He will continue... Thanks also for the reminder of what I am thankful for and should not take for granted. All my love,
ReplyDeleteMom
What an amazing journey already! It amazes me just how much she has grown, I'm sure you marvel constantly at her accomplishments. I am so happy for you :)
ReplyDeletepraise God! Such a wonderful story and I can't get enough pictures of Ava!
ReplyDeleteWow! Beautiful post Kari. The pictures from a year and a half ago shock me even though I met her at that time. What a fortunate little girl she is to have parents that love her enough to fight for her to have the amazing life she is now leading.
ReplyDeleteWonderful post, it is so great to see the difference in your daughter!
ReplyDelete