I have personally always enjoyed the rain. This is my first rain experience as a mommy which has changed my tune a little. Ava seems to be fasincated with it but she does get pretty bored staying in the house most of the day. Here is what my partner in crime and I have been up to on this rainy week!
- Cerebral Palsy and the rain do not mix well! My poor sweetie! Ava drags her right foot when she walks and is pretty hard on her shoes. With the wet streets and rain, she got a big hole in the right shoe. When I noticed it and took off her shoe her entire foot was drenched and frozen and pure white! We stuck it under the sink and let some warm water run over it. Poor thing had her foot in cold water for who knows how long. She is also not too proficient with the umbrella yet which presents another challenge. But oh how she tries...so hard. I know one of our favorite quotes as mothers is, I only have two hands! I just think of my equally busy five year old who only has full use of one. It's gotta be frustrating. BUT...Today I bought her a real rain coat...just in time for the rain to stop :-) How crazy cute is this coat?!?!
- Ava and I have been trying some new activities since we've been cooped up more than usual. We made some beaded necklaces, played with melty beads, and made paper bag puppets. Aren't they cute :-/ Also, our weekly date to Starbucks for coco was extra enjoyable this week :-)
- My crafts this week have switched from sleeveless dresses and skirts to scarves and hats. Ava does were scarves well I must say. She's quite the little model. And no, I didn't make the hat in the picture below. I made a fleece one which I haven't gotten a picture of yet. My goal is to learn how to make one like the picture.
Stay dry and warm




I love every blog post you write but the last two were cute. The "Dance" one made me want to cry for happy and sad reasons but either way...I liked it a lot. You are such a creative mommy too. I am sure Ava had a ton of fun on those rainy days! I can't wait until I am home for a rainy day so we can get hot chocolate! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a sweet mommy Kari and you have a sweet girl too! You are making cozy happy memories for your daughter to keep forever!
ReplyDeleteLove you...Mimi
this is where pretend city would come in great handy!!! i'll text you later this week to set up a date!
ReplyDelete